So Eli hasn't had to much contact with other babies and when he does, he generally treats them like any other inanimate object that he likes - gets excited and bangs his fists on it, slobbers on it, tries to eat it (or him/her) and when he gets bored, steals the other kids toy and crawls away. Generally this frightens/angers other babies and I spend most of my time pulling Eli off of the other kids, who are now crying. However, we've met 1 exception - my friend Katelyn has a little girl that is a month younger than Eli. Eli is big for his age and generally towers over other kids his age (making it all the easier for him to sit on or steamroller other children - another favorite past time). However Kamrynn (my friends daughter) is also tall for her age and is just as big as Eli. She is also the first baby who is not just going to sit and cry while Eli steals her toys and smacks her, so watching her play with Eli is pretty funny. If he has something she wants, she will steal it back. If he tries to walk away with it, she throws her arm around his waist, pulls him to the ground and gets it, since she can't walk after him. Yesterday I watched her WWF wrestle Eli to the floor for a Kix. Katelyn and I laughed so hard we cried.
Here are some pictures from their play date today.

Eli pummeling Kamrynn.

Kamrynn stealing his toy.


More toy stealing.

Kamrynn
5 comments:
That's adorable! We received Eli's 1st Birthday Announcement today and it's really cute!! Thanks so much for thinking of us =)
Happy Birthday!! I am so excited your hubby agreed to give you the whole day to read! I hope he knows what a sweet present that will be for you. =)
So cute! I appreciate any woman who puts her foot down to a man. ;)
Love the birthday announcement! If I can't believe it's been a year, I wonder how you feel!
But what about Heidi's announcement? You could have put on pictures of you reading the Twilight saga!
My Addy is the same. She can hold her own in nursery. I love the 1st birthday card for Eli. Very cute. Congrats you have made it 1 year.
Hi Heidi -
so glad to hear from you and that you are doing well!
What a darling family you have!!!
Stop and see us sometime if you're in Happy Valley!
Donna Kelly
Post a Comment