Tomorrow morning we go into Phoenix Children's Hospital for Izzy to have minor surgery on her eyes. The ophthalmologist is concerned that her crossed eyes are keeping her from seeing clearly, as well as making it harder for her to figure out depth perception. All of this may be making her fine motor skills harder for her to figure out. Also, there is a problem with her tear ducts. So, they are going to go in and fix those problems and we should be home by mid-day. Whew. Still makes me nervous however.
I took Isabelle to see the developmental pediatrician this week. It was a hard visit. It's only been a little more than a month since Isabelle was diagnosed and we're still trying to digest the information, to take it all in. I go back and forth from feeling calm and knowing Heavenly Father has a plan for my beautiful baby girl and panicking as I worry about what her future will be like - will kids in make fun of her? Will she be lonely? What will happen when Isaac and I die? Who will take care of her? Will she be able to care for herself? Will she be happy? The questions are endless and there are no answers. At least, not now. So instead I'm trying (not too successfully, but I'm trying) to just see what I have right now. And right now, what I have is a baby girl who is the greatest blessing in our home. You could not ask for a happier, more loving, content baby. People in our ward are always commenting on how happy and smiley our baby is. She couldn't be happier and we couldn't love her more.
I'll write more about what the developmental pediatrician said later. I'm not up for it tonight. I also want to post some great pictures from our trip to Oregon, and write about Eli, because I promise he is still here! It's easy for us to get caught up in worrying about Isabelle, taking her to her appointments, running all over trying to get her into programs, make things happen for her. Sometimes it's too easy for Eli to get overlooked (although he does everything he can to make sure that doesn't happen!) in the stress and shuffle of it all. Just one more that I worry about. Man, I've got to stop worrying!
Thanks to everyone for all the emails, calls and prayers. I appreciate it more then you'll ever know. It is so easy to feel alone amidst all that is going on, or to feel so overwhelmed and discouraged. I've gotten so many lifts from the phone calls and the emails and the support. Thank you.
Family birthday party for all the Feb./Jan. birthdays - My mom, dad, cousin Nick, Izzy and my grandma!
Isabelle in her cute birthday outfit from Aunt Dodi.
More 1 year old pictures
I think she looks like Cindy Lou Who in these pictures!





1 comment:
Great blog, Heidi -- it's good to hear more about how things are going. I think about you all a lot. Good luck finding the answers to some pretty tough questions. It seems like you're doing a good job staying positive and finding the joy in life wherever you can. That's the Heidi I remember!
love, Rainy
Post a Comment