The Mesa library now offering culture passes, which is basically free passes to local museums, zoo's, and parks. Each pass is worth 4 people to enter free into the participating location of your choice, so this week I got a pass for the Phoenix zoo. I went with Eli, my friend Delmy and her 2 kids and Isaac met us there for lunch. They kids weren't. They preferred the big splash pad that they had and the children's park (which is fine by me, because after going to the zoo in Egypt, I now think zoo's are pretty boring). The kids had lots of fun at the splash pad and we were both worn out for a good nap afterwards. I don't know how Delmy does it with 2 kids - I took a turn pushing her 2 person stroller up the hill and I was ready to pass out by the time I got to the top! Those things are heavy - and she's got skinny kids!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Phoenix Zoo
The Mesa library now offering culture passes, which is basically free passes to local museums, zoo's, and parks. Each pass is worth 4 people to enter free into the participating location of your choice, so this week I got a pass for the Phoenix zoo. I went with Eli, my friend Delmy and her 2 kids and Isaac met us there for lunch. They kids weren't. They preferred the big splash pad that they had and the children's park (which is fine by me, because after going to the zoo in Egypt, I now think zoo's are pretty boring). The kids had lots of fun at the splash pad and we were both worn out for a good nap afterwards. I don't know how Delmy does it with 2 kids - I took a turn pushing her 2 person stroller up the hill and I was ready to pass out by the time I got to the top! Those things are heavy - and she's got skinny kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He is such a cutie, Heidi!
I have similar feelings about that zoo in Egypt. Remember how they had dogs in cages? And a bunch of sleezy guys walking around trying to hit on you? But I did get a great picture of me holding a chimpanzee, which is hanging in my office. The one redeeming thing that came out of that trip.
Post a Comment